Monday, May 23, 2011

I can't breathe

So this has been the most frustrating last week or so...I HATE the post office and customs here in Chile. Thank you for holding on to my package for 3 weeks...then scanning it in to say it had arrived only when we started to search for it. As I am taking one summer class right now, the items in that package are very important to my class. The package has my textbooks for the class I am in right now and one that I start next week. Great so I have to reorder my books if they do not come this week. I have no option. Also to reorder and ship books here the fastest way possible...books that cost about $30...will cost me over $150 to get it here, if they don't get stuck in customs again.

This is the most frustrating thing ever. I can call and get told that my tracking number doesn't exist and that it is probably in customs and they can hold it however long they want. Oh and I think I have to pay if it ever arrives b/c it has been there so long. Seriously this is stressing me out and makes me miss just being home when I never had to worry about this nonsense. I hope it gets here soon but I am not going to hold my breath. With this it has ruined my mood and I do not feel like doing anything...studying or anything. Whats the point?

The title for this post comes from the air outside. This is a HUGE place and pollution is everywhere. This is the worst time of the year if someone wants to go running. Let me tell you it is so  hard to breathe with all this smog and just bad stuf for the environment. And the other reason for the name is SMOKING! Wow back home I can pick where I want to go to avoid smoking, but here it is everywhere. KIDS...kids who are in school...like maybe 12 if that...smoke all the time. Outside of the school during the day and in front of so many people. But I don't think that it is a big situation here, but to me its disgusting that kids start so early, that I cannot go out at night without running into it or coming home smelling like it. Wow just wow.

Well if there was anything good that came out of this week or so was skydiving. I did this on Saturday and it was a blast. I still don't really know how to explain it, because it just takes time understanding what it was. I would highly recommend it to anyone...don't worry about screaming I did it quite loud and no one heard it.

But with classes going on a role now and these annoyances still here I am still passing the time here in Chile. I don't have much time left, and I hope that this HORRIBLE experience with my mail doesn't ruin my whole memory of my trip. Ahh so I am going to go and cook dinner and possible go to Yoga class to work off some anger.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment