Saturday, June 4, 2011

Busy...Busy...little bee

Well it has been a few days longer than I wanted to write this, but as I wrote: busy, busy. I recently started my second summer class through the internet and this has filled up all of my free time that I had. I have much to read as this class will finish my history minor and is challenging. My courses are about American Indians and the Crusades. I have to admit that I am a bit of a history nerd and like learning about this stuff, so it is interesting to me I just have to get into it. Other than summer classes through my university in South Dakota, things in Santiago are starting to wind down. I have 3 weekends left in Santiago until I take a trip to San Pedro de Atacama the just days before I leave. The time has gone by fast and I know I will have mixed feelings by the time its all done. I am ready to get home, but when am I going to have this opportunity again and then there are those people who I have bonded so greatly with in the last 5 months. But other than that things are happening at home. Summer vacation is there meaning summer sports, SUN, swimming and much more. This is what I am pumped for...WARMTH.

This week has been eventful in Santiago. Sunday I went running...28 minutes only one one minute stop!! and when I got back the consierge told me that there was an emergency alert for Santiago. The 'contamination' smog in the air had reached a critical level that running was not suggested and people were recommended to stay home. I realized that something was different for when I was running, it was extra hard to breathe and now I know why! So as I have 8 runs left in 30 days I WANT to finish...working up to 5k...so I'll figure it out. Other than that type of exercising I have started to attend Yoga classes. You know after my body gets stretched out and feels so relaxed it is such a nice thing to do. So I try to exercise everyday..but Wednesday's those are my relax days!! Got to watch the great..bread and typical Chilean food for a bit...again b/c its summer back home!

Today I went horseback riding for 2 hours with a few girls and we had a picnic afterwards. It was a great day and so fun. The thing I know I will have withdrawals from is the view of the mountains. The sights I saw today were just breathtaking and I know I couldn't get a just picture. I am trying to do stuff every weekend to make the time count. Tomorrow I will be going to Ruby Tuesday's here in Santiago..to compare...and then to see the new Hangover movie. Should be an eventful night again. The next event will be next thursday where I organized a group dinner for a bunch of us who have known each other since the first day, this will be at a famous restaurant here in town so cross fingers its worth it.

Nothing else besides homework and getting ready for final exams here. I do know my speaking has improved because people tell me all the time. Although I don't believe them a lot, they assure me that I speak like I have been here for a long time. So I got that going for me. Also it is quite funny to look back at my first videos to now and see the improvement. I have been watching baseball live on the internet and it is nice to finally see it again...even if I am jealous at the nice weather.

So time is winding down and I am becoming a little more busy with classes so I will try to keep these updated as much as I can. Thanks to those reading I appreciate it so much. Until later, Ciau from Chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment