Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Holy Smolies

Wow time has flown by fast. I know I have been saying that for a while, but holy right now I have 7 days until I leave to go back home! I am super pumped and can't wait to get home, but of course I will miss Chile. It has been my home for the last 6 months, where I have made lifetime friends, shared stories, and had the time of my life. But like the others who just left for travelling I am not feeling that sentimental yet. I think it is because I am so excited to get home, that it hasn't really hit me that I will not be coming back to Santiago for a LONG time.

I made a last dinner for my Chilean family the other night and it was so good! Did it American style and they loved it. I will miss them so much, they helped me that first month and the next 5 so much. I felt homesick, but they helped me through it and worked with me with the spanish language. I am forever grateful to those who have helped me to the level of spanish speaking I am at today. I am scared to go home for this matter. I am not going to be around a lot of spanish any if that when I get home and it will be 1 month until I get back home. So the looming fear is that I am going to forget everything I learned here. I need to figure something out to keep working on it.

But just finishing things up here in Santiago. I have said a log of goodbyes and the last of them mainly will be this week. I am also at midterm and final time for my online classes which happened to be in my last week here. So for sure it will go quite fast. I am going to Atacama this weekend, friday after my final, and come back on the 4th. I am a bit sad to not be home on the 4th, but will be home just a few short days later!

But I don't have much to write about, just homework and more homework and goodbyes. I will cherish this time forever and am so thankful of the help I got while being here. Viva Chile!

Ciau from Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment