Saturday, June 18, 2011

Uffdah!

Well it has been about 2 weeks since the last time I wrote, but it is only because I am staying busy. I am just shy of finishing one online class, but the other is what is taking up most of my free time. I am behind in reading and just don't know how to motivate myself to get back on. I am getting stressed out a bit lately. I am done with classes here in Santiago, but still have 2.5 weeks until I get home. It is not a lot of time which is stressing me out. I sometimes feel that I have not done all I can here in Santiago, but if I think about all the things I didn't do I will forget all the things that I did do. I have 17 days left in Chile and I need to make them count. But I am also scared of going home. I am so ready to be home and know that I have been wanting it for a bit due to homesickness sometimes, but scared of being with all those I know again. It has been so long and while I have been here I have only talked to a handful of people. The fact that while I am here experiencing and don't hear from a lot of those I know makes me scared to go home. Like it matters. I haven't seen people for 6 months and just nervous to see them again...pretty much reintroduced into their lives after being absent for almost 6 months.

I have friends leaving here tomorrow..and tonight will be a lot of goodbyes. Possibility of a goodbye bash with classmates will have me saying goodbye to those who have made me feel comfortable here. Do I want to stay or go home. Here I practice my Spanish and have improved so much and my confidence has increased tenfold, but scared to go home, where am I going to practice and with a month away from school I am so scared that I will forget it. What happens then? All this for nothing? This is important to me.

Other than nerves and an ever changing mindset I am finishing my time here in Santiago. Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart, cling to them as you would your life...For without them, life is meaningless.. This deals with me when I chose things over those who are right in front of me. Life is full of surprises and I am finding them everyday in my life. It is what makes life worth living. This opportunity has opened my mind to the goals that I can reach in my life. I am worth it, I am significant, and dang it I will succeed at what I do. 


I will finish off my weeks here, with goodbye bashes, goodbye dinners, shopping, new restaurants, and a trip to the Desert. Now is the time to do it in the present. I will hopefully get another blog or two in before I fly out. 6th of July is the day I leave Chile, with hopes of coming back one day while making and sharing my experiences again.

No comments:

Post a Comment