Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getting closer

 So like I have told people in the last post I am headed to Santiago Chile next Friday. I can't believe that I am doing this, but I know it will be a good time. I know a little about my family: Mother, Father and an eight year old son. We live right next to a park and what do you know the girl from my school lives right across the street!! I know that we are more prone to English speaking with each other living close, but I think that for self security it will be good to be close to someone I know.
    Chile may not appear to be a big country, on the west coast of South America below Peru, but we are going to be studying in Santiago, the capitol. Sometimes I psych myself out about going because of the distance and how long I will be there. I will be there for six months and believe that there is no way I can't come back home speaking great Spanish.
    I am participating in an intensive month Spanish course, which meets five days a week and for five hours a day it is all Spanish. This  first month is when I will be staying with my host family, then I will be staying in a residence with four rooms and I reserved one of them.  So that way hopefully I can interact with others practicing their language skills and I can improve.
    I just wanted to share a little bit about my trip and then continue when I get there. Again I want to share my experience as a student, a traveller, and a thinker. I want to interest people and show that this is possible if one sets their mind to it.
:)
Bon Voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment