Sunday, January 30, 2011

Starting anew

I had tried different sites, but they just didn't seem to work so here I am bring my past posts here and trying again.

Chile is magnificent. The weather is quite warm, but I do like getting to escape the winter back home. The people here are great. Everyone is willing to help a person understand the conversation or whatever is happening. My host family is awesome. They help me with my conversation, shopping, and anything else that I might need. I am glad I am here despite whatever I might say later.

I made it into the advanced level of my intensive spanish course and we are doing a lot of things that are similar to what I just did in my last university class. But that is good to get a quick review and to continue with our speaking practice. Speaking of practice I do get a bit here, but it is hard when all of your friends and you resort to english. I would say that that is the only downfall here, when we get together we speak english to each other and sometimes it is hard to switch back to spanish especially when its a little rough. :)

I have done many things here for only being here a week. I have gone shopping multiple times, but able to hold myself back from buying stuff I don't need. We have gone to the park, little artisian villages, the mountains and mainly spending time with the family or sight-seeing. Also we just went to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar this past friday, awesome!! So yes I have done quite a few things and still so much left to do.

I can't wait until I get to experience more and will put it on here :).

This is a link to a video that I made about my first week here in Chile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuEN2Yrd2k

No comments:

Post a Comment