Thursday, February 3, 2011

Play time

Wow so this weather here is pretty amazing to get used to. As I continue to enjoy the weather the suffering back home continues. With the nice help of the wind chill the temperature gets near -50 degrees. These are the days that I am glad I missed out on winter, but then again when it is 90 degrees here almost everyday and it is dry with no chance of precipitation that is when I wouldn't mind being back home in the cold...but for only a moment or two.

This week has been pretty laid back. There has not been a lot of homework, but we have been busy hanging out that there has not been enough time for everything. After our trip to Valparaiso last week we have been preparing to go on another trip next weekend, La Serena. Nothing but coast and there are penguins near by!! I am so excited because I never thought that I would see a penguin unless I went to Antarctica!!

The only downfall is that it is spendy, but its because it is 5 hours away and we would spend like 3 days there. Also we payed 700USD for this course plus homestay and airport fee that if we missed classes for this trip, it is not worth the money that I paid for the course. Because sadly a lot of us are prone to speaking English while all of us are here and want to learn spanish, so this is a reason for wanting to stay in class where we will be learning and practicing our spanish. So we will see, but I am sure that I will go no matter who does or not because I want to share my experiences with those who are stuck at home in the cold and make them feel warm with pictures of the sun. :)

My host family is like the bomb. The food is great, eventhough I have eaten things here that I don't ever eat in the states, and we play games and spend time together a lot!! Pati, host mom, loves to shop so that is AWESOME, Alvaro, host dad, likes to help me with my spanish and always asks how my day was and such and Diego, host bro, is full of energy and a ball of joy. Playing cards almost every night, shopping, watching movies what more can I ask for.

Their neice came over today and we went to the park, super upset that I didn't bring my camera, and saw lots of interesting things. Played ping pong with a 6 year old, so funny and entertaining, people feeding the pigeons, guy doing crunches in the middle of the park, a dog with a diaper on, a dachsaun chasing a lil bigger dog and a futbol game. And for lunch um we had homemade turkey burgers..yum!!.. and cake cake, homemade by gma!! Let me tell you I will not go hungry here.

Along with today, the girls and I hung out yesterday, went to the Black Swan, tickets cost 3.50USD and 2 extra for popcorn (kettle corn...eww) and a drink, but sadly only 7 tickets for us 7 when 2 more were almost on there way. But it was a awkward but good movie. Before movie, Colleen and I went to our friends, Annika and Laura, house to chill by the pool. Oh btw got sun burned but it doesn't hurt and turns to tan so fast. :)

So busy week, but I don't have a lot of interesting things to talk about. The empanadas are freekin awesome. Happy hour is every night, but we have to time when we go out because people don't eat dinner until like 9 and party until like 2 here!!! Tomorrow I get to sleep in and perhaps shopping before class. Then it is girls night out.

But if something interesting happens this weekend, beach?? ;), will be sure to share.

Ciao de Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment