Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Boring?

Ahh now this seems to be the hard part of the trip. Seems like I have gotten adjusted for the most part here and have gone through most of the first great impressions of Chile, but what do I do now. After having talked about my trip and what I have done so far, it seems like I have nothing left to say. I don't know how many times I can talk about the same thing, which is very interesting, but feel as though there is so much to do and why am I in a rut. Every couple days I talk to someone from home, but feel as though my daily routine gets quite uneventful, when not sightseeing, and there is not much new information to share. But also there is nothing new from back home. Ahh this is the hard part, how to you keep talking and incorporating new topics into conversation while continuing on a daily routine? Because I can't go out to new sights everyday, because then there will be nothing left to see for the first time, or look forward to. So what now. How do people do it everyday when we do it every couple days to once a week and still come up empty-handed?

That doesn't keep me from experiencing Santiago, but just unsure of what to share, when to share it and when to stop and start anew. I know that my next trip, next Friday (26), my friend and I will be in La Serena for 6 days to relax and pretty much do nothing. This trip is exciting because of the things that it has to offer: beach, observatory, japanese garden, and PENGUINS. This way with pictures and memories I will be able to talk for a few times about different things. I just get so excited that I want to share everything. But I would like to know if a person gets bored of hearing of my adventures while they do the same thing all the time; listening while I experience the world and they stay home.

Its just a little hard thinking about this a few times more than I should. I have been homesick a few times and return to be a little each time I talk to someone from home. But I would be worse if I never had gone on this trip, because I would be thinking that I need to do something with my life but what. There is a lot to do here, but I haven't found many things that are to my liking to do each day. I need to be filling my time up with activities that distract me from these thoughts and keep my intrigued here. I move into my apartment on monday and will be able to set my own schedule and be able to do things without worrying about a certain time to return, not that it is a big problem now, and just do whatever whenever.

This move will be a good change, because I will be with students who hopefully speak spanish at home which will help me so much. If I want to be the best at Spanish to teach it, but only speak english here for the most part, let me say that the improvements are coming a lot slower than expected. My main reason was to come here to study, learn, speak and live Spanish and I have yet to do all of those things or most at one time. If I can acheive that, wow I think I will be set.

This next trip will get me out of the city and into another city, but WAY smaller: 6.1 million vs. ~160,000:  and nothing but a calm and relaxing atmosphere,like the country. Being free to do nothing, kind of what I do here, and be near the beach, sun and much more is going to improve my mood so much!!! I just like having time to myself, space to myself, and being able to just think or not think about everything on my own.

So there are things yet to see, but I want to take my time to enjoy the moment, but still find stuff to fill my time and distract some of these things called, emotions. This is the best thing for me now and that is what I need to think about. So action and excitement need to come my way...so what you say Chile?

Ciao de Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment