Saturday, March 12, 2011

First day of School

Well a little late...but will get into that later :)

First day of class. Wow I felt like I was in high school again and starting off at a new school without knowing anybody, but at least in a high school were everyone spoke English. It is a little difficult to walk up to a group of people and start a conversation in a language that you are still learning.

Getting to where my first class was a doozy. I was sent a mail that told me a list of classes at one site, but when I went there they told me it was at a different site. So then I get there trying to find what room my class is and with 30 minutes to kill before it starts. Yay. So as I sit there on the bench alone, I definitely remember the first days at new schools when I was younger.

The halls are filled with students at the school of architecture. But normally like first days it is all freshman and what appears to me that I am the only intercambio, especially the only one from the states and my native language as English. Boy do I have my first day cut out for me.

I am still out of the circle on when one of my classes is. It is at a nother site, but I don't know what day and what time. So however long this class takes I get to go there after and figure this out. But why me? Why can't the professor do it like he said, the director, or any other person? It is just a little annoying when I got to do these things all the time.

Well better get ready to see how this first class goes. While in a different language and I am sure I am going to hate the first day. How am I going to get at least a 5.0 (C ish) in this course if I can't understand the teacher? How am I going to pass and not have to take my exams, so I can do what I want and then go home earlier than planned but with finishing what iI can afford to do here? Lets go and try not to appear as American/White/Foreign as everyone else sees me.

Here goes Nothing.

This is what I wrote in my notebook while I waited for my class the other day. Wednesday was my first day of classes. My first class the teacher was 1 hour late, as me and some girls, whom I was conversing with, left the teacher showed up. Then I did finally find out when my other class was, but it happened to end the same time as my other class was supposed to start 20-25 minutes away. So had to go change everything yesterday but finally have things figured out.

Schedule is very nice! Classes only Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 3 on Wed...two 20 minutes apart and 20 min travelling apart, but here in Chile nothing starts on time...NOTHING, and Th. and Fr. I have the same 1 class, 1.5 hours thurs. and 3 hours, starting at 8 am, on friday. But I don't care about the length, because in this class, we dance and sing!! How awesome!

But Friday that 8 am class was rough. See I had went to the Shakira concert the night before and my body was tired from going out Wednesday night, After Office--club open until 1:30 and just dancing..awesome--, and then Thursday night. But I slept almost the whole day on Friday after I finalized everything for the semester kind of and today went on a field trip.

So tomorrow I will talk about what we did today and I will be going back to the Templo de Maipu, so will write about that. But so that is the last few days...and my first day of class...now got to see how it will go for the two classes I didn't go to on wednesday cause they were back to back...but its nice class is once a week!!!

Chau de Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment