Sunday, March 13, 2011

Religion

Well yesterday and today I went to the Templo de Maipu. This weekend was filled with religious festivals of dancing and worshipping. My friend and I have an assignment for our class where we had to interview people that are involved in these festivals. That was the easy part and was nice to learn a little about the other parts of Chile.

Yesterday I went to Isla Negra as a trip with our university and our first stop was the Templo de Maipu. We watch some of the ceremonial dances and then walked around in the museum that is on the side of the Templo. We just saw a lot of artifacts from the 19th Century and toured it for a little bit.

That was about the whole experience at the Templo de Maipu...ironically I saw a group of dancers that had headdresses and Native American symbols and on the back of their shirts said Dakota. So that was cool seeing that the religion and teachings of the Dakota people in our area back home are spread literally across the world. But unfortunately my camera died and I was not able to take a picture.

But with all this adventuring through the metro to the Templo and the Isla I am worn out and have to go make some videos before I crash. So this week is like actual classes begin...second week...so it should be a little more busy here soon. Until then...

Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment